You are practising personal and social hygiene, but are you practising CyberHygiene?
Did you know…
- Since the COVID-19 outbreak there has been a 131% increase in malware attacks
- Hackers are finding ways to access your corporate network through your VPN via other devices in your home
- Remote desktop and remote access tools are highly targeted
- VPN attacks have increased significantly since the outbreak
- Video conferencing platforms are a juicy target for hackers
- Phishing attacks playing on people’s emotions with “get rich quick” and “miracle cures” have increased significantly
Things you can do to help improve your CyberHygiene:
- Always check the authenticity of emails be careful of suspicious links in email
- Be careful which credentials you provide on video conferencing platforms
- Do not publicly post your conference links to the globe
- Always check that the website requesting any credentials is the actual website you want to enter, eg. only enter your Microsoft credentials on a Microsoft website or application
Things we can help you with…
- Enabling 2 factor authentication on your platforms such as email
- Updating outdated software and operating systems. Outdated Windows versions pose a serious threat to your entire network. Your network is only as secure as your weakest link!
- If users are using personal devices for accessing your companies VPN, we can provide you with an antivirus solution for their home PCs and Macs
- Securing your VPN connections – If you have an advanced firewall or security appliance, we can assist with creating security policies on the VPN connection. VPNs are a very good method for securely connecting to your company’s onsite infrastructure, and are also a very easy way for viruses to enter your company’s network from your home PC!
- Consider an advanced security appliance for your office. These all-in-one security devices are a must have in today’s dangerous cybertimes. Such a device will allow your VPN to be safe and help prevent contaminated hands into your network.
Cyber crime is at an all time high and the method of attacking has never morphed as fast as it has in the last few months. Let us help you stay a step ahead of the infections
Stay safe and stay CyberSafe!